Recipe for Halibut

     



I have given up on cleaning my GE profile stove top. The only way for me to cook is with an electric wok, which cleans up faster than I can say, "awesome". Did I say awesome?

It is the best way to eat healthy for my family, not over cooking food, it makes me a short order cook.

If I  had this when the kids were around, I think I would have spent more time at the gym. Ha ha ha...Try asking for one for a gift...Williams Sonoma sells the brand I like, but other companies make them also. I'm sure Target or Bed Bath and Beyond have them as well... Check it out.. I love mine.

Sweet potato fries are so easy to make, cut into strips, saute in a small amt. of canola oil, or rice oil.
Season with salt.

Pink Himalayan salt is less processed than Mortons and better for you. More fun using the tiny grater that comes with the big pink rock.

To make this halibut cover the steak with mayonnaise on both sides.

Heat a tsp or so of olive oil.
sprinkle with a touch of wondra flour or reg. flour.

Top with a sprinkle of garlic powder, and onion powder.

Cook on each side at medium heat, for approx. 3 minutes each side, or until cooked, soft in center. Do not overcook, it will dry it out too much. I test by squeezing with tongs if its not oozing then it's done.

Spinach was set on top, closed the lid, and let steam for a few minutes.

Squeeze lemon on top and serve.

1 comment:

basilmomma said...

Thanks for the follow :) I will return the favor!

Calling all Locavore's- Markets in your Area